The present Policy is effective as of May 25, 2018.
Who are we?
The European Youth Parliament is a program line of the Schwarzkopf Foundation. It consists of a network of 39 national NGOs, legally established in their own countries, coordinated by different bodies functioning on an international level such as: the International Office, the Board of National Committees and the Governing Body. They can establish different Working Groups and Councils.
The Member Platform is a forum for alumni and members of the EYP. It allows the IO staff, NCs (through NC managers and event organisers) as well as account holders to create events and news posts on the platform. Account holders can register to events, submit applications to events (accessible to selection panels) and submit evaluations for team members after an event in accordance with the EYP Policy on Evaluation and Feedback.
What type of information is collected?
When you register to the Platform (create an account), you are asked for the following mandatory information:
- Mandatory fields: Name, email address*, nationality, gender*, address (street, number, zip code, city)*, telephone number*, NC, date of membership*
- Optional fields: Avatar picture, date of birth*, country, function in EYP/NC, contact in case of emergency (name and telephone number), links to other social media platforms
*These fields allow you to select, when creating an account, whether the fields should be public (available to other account holders) or private (only available to IO staff with admin rights). You can change your preferences at any point by editing your profile settings.
If you do not wish to share the fields that are mandatory and cannot be set on private (i.e. name, nationality, NC) with other account holders, please do not create an account on the Platform.
Events you attend (that you register for and/or apply for and are accepted) will be displayed in your session history with the following information: name of event (with hyperlink to event’s page on the Platform), dates, type of event, country it took place and role you attended in.
The answers you submit to the questions included in an application for an event, as well as your event history, evaluations received and any comment you submitted to said evaluations, are available to Selection Panels of the respective event. The author of an evaluation maintains access to your evaluation until it is deleted from the Platform.
NC managers / Event managers:
NC managers have access to your name and email address, as well as (anonymous) statistics for account owners listed as members of their NC: number of members, total, by gender and by age group; members by role by event country (e.g. 2 members of an NC attended as ‘teacher’ in Ireland and Switzerland) - the name of events are not displayed, nor any other event related data but the host country).
NC managers can also see:
(i) Number of people who travelled to EYP events in other NCs from the NC they are managing the account for in a chosen year (together with name, email address, position, event name and date);
(ii) Total number of participants from a certain other country to the NC’s events (only number available);
(iii) Total number of applicants among members of their NC for all events of other NCs (per country) (e.g. x members of EYP y applied to events of EYP z);
(iv) Number of members and applicants attending events per type of event (e.g. x members from EYP y attending National Sessions, z attending Regional Sessions etc);
(v) The number of applications received to the NC’s events per type of event.
How do we collect information from you?
You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create an account with the Platform, submit an application or evaluation for an event, post information in the Member Platform Forum, or contact us for support.
We also receive some data from you while using a technology called cookies. Cookies are used for authentication to identify each user after login. For that purpose, login time and the IP address of each user are saved on a temporary basis, and are deleted after the session ends. Cookies and IP address are also saved on a temporary basis when anonymous users access the platform, to prevent security issues.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to/for:
- Enable the Member Platform to fulfil its purpose of connecting members and alumni of EYP with one another;
- Process your applications and evaluations for events, including contacting you (by email, phone or other contact information) to inform you of the decision of the panel; for such purposes, this data (email/phone number and/or other contact information can be shared with the team leader (e.g. with the president of a session when you applied for a chairs’ team);
- General statistics - e.g. number of members, NCs, activities attended, participant mobility, event attendance
- Improve the functionalities of the Member Platform;
- Administer your account
- Resolve technical issues when you ask for our support
- Identify whether you are eligible to vote in the GB elections and contact you to provide instructions on how to vote
- IO staff and NC managers (through organisers) may also use your contact details to send you updates or information about EYP, e.g. the EYP newsletter, or to contact you ahead of or following an event.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit consent or are required by law to do so.
The Platform offers the possibility to communicate privately with other account holders, namely through messages. We do not screen the messages, nor do we have access to them.
Data retention, account deactivation and deletion
Your account information is stored as long as you are using the Platform services (i.e. have an active account on the Platform).
Applications to events are deleted after an event has taken place and all post-event tasks have been dealt with (e.g. evaluations), but latest 6 months after the event. Evaluations are deleted four years after they have been submitted. This is done without prior notice, so if you want to store your applications and evaluations, please save a copy. The obligation to maintain confidentiality of applications and evaluations remains applicable and has no end date.
You can choose to delete your account at any time. If you delete your account, your profile data will be deleted. The account will be anonymised. Content referenced to the user profile will be kept, but cannot be personalised by the system again. Existing evaluations will be kept, but the referenced user is anonymised.
Once you delete your account, you cannot recover the information that you accumulated on the platform.
Links to other websites
Our platform may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal informatio
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right to access, rectify and erase your data. You can do so in the following ways:
- You always have direct access to the information we store on you: The information you see on your profile page, is the whole extent of data we have access to in relation to the Member Platform. We do not hold data beyond what is visible and accessible to you, with the exception of cookies that are stored on a temporary basis for the duration of your login session.
- You can edit the information you share with us and other account holders by editing your account; for several fields, you can opt to have the information public (shared with other account holders) or maintain as private; if it is private, other users of the platform will not be able to see it; note that NC and Event managers, have access to your name and email address, even if you listed your email address as ‘private’ in your account.
- Platform Managers (IO Staff) have access to all data registered on your account (data listed as ‘private’ in your profile refers to other, regular, account holders not having access to it), as well as to your evaluations.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete and you cannot edit it yourself, please email us as soon as possible at (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- You can ask to be de-registered from an event you attended - in this case, it will not appear on your profile in your event history
- You can permanently delete your account through the option provided in the profile settings at any time.
- You can have your account deleted by emailing us at email@example.com.
Legal basis for data processing
We collect, use and manage your data as described above:
- Consistent with your consent, which you can modify at any time by editing your profile settings;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- As necessary for our legitimate interest, including our aim to facilitate connections between EYP members and alumni, as well as between them and NCs and events.